OAK CAGE PLANS
- Most hidden lines not shown for simplicity.
- Back panel (not fully shown), is same as front panel except for doors.
- Top portion is removeable and held in place with internal corner blocks (not shown).
- Bottom screen and tray are shown removed.
- Groove for hardware cloth (not shown) is typically 1/2" deep.
- Bottom screen has hardware cloth centered into it with three dowels installed directly below.
- Four corner braces above screen and four below screen are installed on the bottom screen to provide added structural support.
- The bottom screen back frame is tapered up on the bottom side by 1/8" to prevent tray hanging up on bottom frame when slid in.
- Both sides of the bottom screen are tapered upward at the rear over a 3/4" distance to meet up smoothly with the rear frame piece.
- Bottom of tray needs to be smooth to prevent hanging up on base of cage when slid into place.
- All framing is 1 1/4"x3/4" unless otherwise specified.
OAK CAGE PICTURE
OAK CAGE COMMENTS
BACK TO AL'S WORKSHOP